The Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles govern the way in which we manage your personal information and this information sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
Our newsletters, emails, letters, comments, advice, presentations, social media and/or websites may have links to other sources of information, such as websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such sources of information and so linked sources of information are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
We may collect and hold personal information about you that can identify you, such as your name, address, other contact details and other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
Purpose of collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- Providing services to you or someone else you know;
- Processing an application you have made;
- Acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- Undertaking various activities required by law;
- Providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you;
- Providing you with promotional information about us, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with;
- Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- Analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
Methods of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, mail, and facsimile, via email or through a telephone conversation with you.
There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you with the services you are seeking.
User and Disclosure
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site at http://www.privacy.gov.au/